Ready to Plan a Transition?
About: Rhonda Burton
& Wise Transitions
Real Estate Solutions for 55+
If you’re 55+ like I am, there are a lot of questions that can come up when you’re thinking about a move. For example:
- Now that I’m retired, I want to move to another state closer to my children. Should I downsize or just treat this like another move?
- If I want to downsize, how do I get started? I can’t imagine what it will take to weed out the things I want to let go of from all the things I’ve accumulated over the last 30 years. Where do I start?
- Will I be happier in a house? Condo? Active Adult community? Assisted Living? How can I figure that out?
- I need more help than I have in the past – should I look at some type of community living where assistance is available, meals are cooked, etc? How do I find and evaluate these alternatives?
- Your children may be asking things such as: How can I help my parents without getting in their way?
- And, the list goes on. . .
Those are all the types of questions I help my clients find answers to. I started working with the 55+ community even before I reached that milestone myself. I got interested in these issues based on personal experience. I helped my mother transition to different living arrangements all over the country. I became very familiar with the issues and resources required to make a smooth transition.
Then, to support the work I was doing in my real estate business, I earned the Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) designation. Earning this designation provided me with formal training that continues on an ongoing basis to allow me to maintain my SRES® status.
How I Help the 55+ Community
I work closely with my clients to identify their goals for this new stage of their lives, and then help them with a step-by-step plan that will make sure they reach those goals.
- Goal Setting – I will help you clarify your goals for your next move based on an understanding of the issues involved and by getting to know you and your situation.
- Evaluating Alternatives – I keep updated on all the issues and alternatives available to you and can help you work through the pros and cons of each to determine what will fit your needs best.
- Finding Resources – Using my professional network, I will help you find the right people to make your plan work, including estate sale specialists, staging designers, contractors, downsizing packing and sorting professionals, and movers.
- Completing a Successful Real Estate Transaction – As a REALTOR® with many years of experience, I will make sure you don’t pay too much when you buy, and you sell at full market value.
I am uniquely qualified to assist you because of my ability to be compassionate and patient during this exciting, but sometimes painful and difficult process. It just comes naturally to me. I consider it a privilege to take you from being overwhelmed, confused or fearful to being hopeful and excited about entering the next phase of your life.
If you’re thinking about making a move and want the type of assistance that will make that move go as smoothly as it possibly can, call me at 706-300-4079 or send an email. I’m looking forward to helping you reach your next set of life goals!
P.S. If you're interested, I'd be glad to introduce you to my baby, Ida Jane, pictured with me above!